RPF (CADRG) Support

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 13 20:55:01 EDT 2005

On 9/13/05, Matt Revelle <mrevelle at integrity-apps.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>  I'm actually using OSSIM to load in the raster data, but GDAL would work as
> well.
>
>  The code I'm writing is focused on creating a chip of map imagery given a
> request for a particular geographic area.
>
>  Ex:
>  rpfManager.setMapSources(list_of_TOC_files)
>  mapImage = rpfManager.getImageChip(ulLatLon, lrLatLon)
>
>  I'm just wondering if MapServer or one of the related projects has a
> similar RPF manager.

Matt,

GDAL does have support for individual NITF files but does not
directly support RPF TOC files to organize them into bigger
datasets.  The OGDI library can be used through GDAL to
use a whole RPF coverage as a single raster dataset but
that can be a bit tricky.

One of these days I would love to build a mechanism so that
an OSSIM image processing chain can be used as a GDAL
input.  I think that exists already to some degree in the OSSIM/GDAL
plugin but I don't think it is setup in a form that is easy to use.

Best regards,