which "flavor" of linux is best for MS?

Xin crazygecko at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 14 04:26:28 EDT 2005

Since no one else is advocating Debian here, I thought I would.

I've tried lots of distros in the past, mostly Red Had, Fedora SuSe and
Mandrake. All of them have unsatisfactory packaging programs, I just didn't
find rpm to be very good. With Debian if I need to install any program all I
have to do is type 'apt-get install program', and hey presto it's done.
Beautiful. No manually downloading other programs it depends on, that's all
done for you. Nothing to worry about at all. And it is very stable.

Debian is a little bit tricky for the beginner, but its definitely worth
learning.

Xin