angleitem for point symbols

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Wed Sep 14 05:54:54 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I've found in http://dl.maptools.org/dl/mapserver_Changelog.txt a reference to ANGLEITEM for points (see 2005-08-05 14:45  sdlime). This is a good new because a rotation management for point symbols is strongly recommended in a map renderer.

I've just compiled mapserver 4.6.1 and I tried to create a layer with this attribute, but I get a parse error.

Anybody knows if this attribute i supported?

This is my layer definition:

LAYER
 NAME "Segnali"
 TYPE POINT

 CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
 CONNECTION "ti_segnali/avs at franz"
 DATA "GEOM FROM (SELECT a.fid, g.orientation, a.geom FROM ic_segnali a, ic_segnali_geo g WHERE a.fid=g.fid) USING UNIQUE fid NONE"
 STATUS DEFAULT
 ANGLEITEM "orientation"

 CLASS
  NAME 'segnale'