display layers' with status ON only

Xin crazygecko at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 14 11:34:01 EDT 2005

Hi,

I find this whole thing really confusing. For each layer there's the status
attribute, either ON, OFF or DEFAULT. DEFAULT is on all the time, OFF should
be off, ON should be on. But when I use mapserver on my mapfile without the
layer= or layers=, only defaults come up. I'd really want the ONs to come up
to. I tried layers=all, but this turned everything on.

Is there simple way of specifying all layers where layer status=ON to be
displayed? In CGI parameters. Something in the vein of layers=all.

I'm doing this to simply my code, which at the moment has many layer=layer1&
etc.

Cheers,
Xin