GTiff outputformat

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 14 11:42:03 EDT 2005

On 9/14/05, Lluís Garcia i Mestres <lluisgm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm playing with the outputformat in the ms4w package. Pdf export is working
> well but with the gtiff I'm getting problems. All the gtiff that I'm getting
> in my own application and in the tmp directory are not possible to display.
> Just with the tatukgis viewer or in the browsers using a quick time pluging.
> Is not possible to see the image in a common web browser? My idea is to get
> the image, save it and then exporting to another gis application.

Lluis,

Are the produced GeoTIFF files readable with GDAL?  (ie. gdalinfo).

If so, but not readable by other applications the reason is likely
that GDAL produces TIFF files with the bands separated
(planar config separate) instead of pixel interleaved (planar
config contiguous).  Try adding:

  FORMATOPTION "INTERLEAVE=PIXEL"

in your OUTPUTFORMAT declaration.  This should make the
result compatible with less capable TIFF viewers.

If that is not the problem, I would suggest providing an example
of a file that is unreadable and I could review it to see what might
be the problem.

Best regards,