FW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] dynamic colors in mapfile

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 15 05:08:03 EDT 2005

Gerjan,

A simple alternative to SLD would be to append the following to your map
request :

&map_road_Roads_color=255+255+0

where "road" is the LAYER NAME, "Roads" is the CLASS NAME, and 255+255+0 are
the RGB values respectively.

just for reference, the mapfile entry would look like:

LAYER
NAME road
TYPE LINE
STATUS OFF
DATA road.shp
CLASS
NAME "Roads"
SYMBOL 0
COLOR 220 0 0
END
END # Layer

Of course this does not have the power of SLD but it gets the job done.

matt

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com