remark on virtualspatialdata-wiki (windows server)

Paul genuchten at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 16 08:26:23 EDT 2005

i had some problems working out the virtualspatialdata-wiki on my windows 2000 server which i'd like to share with you. when i first tested my virtual ogr file using ogrinfo, i recieved messages that the file gcs.csv could not be opened, containing the projection information. The reason was that i hadn't run setenv.bat.

Later when i tried to view the virtualdatalayer in mapserver i got the same messages. Apparently mapserver/apache/ogr also didn't know where to look for the projection-files. After introducing the parameter gdal_data in apache config the layer was displayed properly.

SetEnv gdal_data "/ms4w/tools/ogr-utils/data"

maybe somebody has a different sollution?

Good luck everybody, working on similar issues,