Mapserver Query Polygon Unfilled ..

Stephen Clark SClark at COUNTY.LETHBRIDGE.AB.CA
Mon Sep 26 12:00:08 EDT 2005

Use your OUTLINECOLOR variable only.  Put a comment before the COLOR
variables.

e.g. for green OUTLINECOLOR 0 255 0

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of shailesh gavavthe
Sent: September 26, 2005 10:01 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Re : Mapserver Query Polygon Unfilled ..

Hi All ,

I am a developing mapserver 4.60 with PHP.

My mapfiles has some polygon layers, Aerial Photos and Line layes.

One of Polygon layer which is Parcel Information covers the size of
entire aerial Photos.

I want the Polygon layer (Hollow) and so that it can rest on the top of
Aerial Photo.

I am also developing web application.

Could any one let me know, How will i be able to get the Polygon
Unfilled(Hollow) and resting on top of aerial Photo..

here is my Map File and the Order of the Layers is the one below..

 LAYER # All RASTER Layers TIFFIMAGE begin here
###########################
  TYPE RASTER
  #MINSCALE  2000
  MAXSCALE  20000 #750000
  STATUS OFF
  NAME "EDWARDS-NorthEast"
  DATA "Aerial Photo\edwards_ne_ILS1.tif"
  PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3"
  OFFSITE 255 255 255
 END # layer ends here ---------------

  LAYER # All VECTOR Layers begins here
    NAME         Parcel
    METADATA
        #"DESCRIPTION" "parcel_polygon"
        "DESCRIPTION" "Unplatted Parcel"
        "RESULT_FIELDS" "PID ParcelName CalAcreage"
    END # end of Metadata----------------
    DATA         "Unplatted Parcel\parcel_polygon.shp"
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         POLYGON
    #MAXSCALE     10000
    LABELITEM    "PID"
    LABELMAXSCALE 16000

    TOLERANCE 3

    TRANSPARENCY 1000
    CLASS
      NAME 'Parcel'
      TEMPLATE "templates/Parcel.html"
      STYLE
         #COLOR 255 255 255
         SYMBOL 0
         COLOR  -1 -1 -1
         OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      END
      LABEL # start of label
         COLOR 0 0 0
         #SHADOWCOLOR 255 255 0
         #SHADOWSIZE 0 0
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT arial-bold
         SIZE 8
         ANTIALIAS TRUE
         ANGLE AUTO
         POSITION LC
         PARTIALS FALSE
         MINDISTANCE 300
         BUFFER 0
     END # end of label//////////////
    END
 END # layer ends here ---------------

If i uncomment the OutlinecColor and comment Color , the selected layers
becomes polyine.

And when i put Both of them uncommented, the shapefiles is filled
polygon.

After that in the web application, the selcted layers is highlighted
with filled polygon, But the aerial Photo becomes invisible, because
Layer is Polygon and Filled.

I would really appreciate, if some one could have a solution on it.

Thanks in Advance..

SHAIL

Home PG : http:/people.emich.edu/sgavathe

Shailesh gavathe