MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 24 Sep 2005 to 25 Sep 2005 (#2005-277)

shailesh gavavthe sgavathe at YAHOO.CO.IN
Mon Sep 26 11:58:48 EDT 2005

Hi All ,

I am a developing mapserver 4.60 with PHP.

My mapfiles has some polygon layers, Aerial Photos and Line layes.

One of Polygon layer which is Parcel Information covers the size of entire aerial Photos.

I want the Polygon layer (Hollow) and so that it can rest on the top of Aerial Photo.

I am also developing web application.

Could any one let me know, How will i be able to get the Polygon  Unfilled(Hollow) and resting on top of aerial Photo..

here is my Map File and the Order of the Layers is the one below..

 LAYER # All RASTER Layers TIFFIMAGE begin here ###########################
  TYPE RASTER
  #MINSCALE  2000
  MAXSCALE  20000 #750000
  STATUS OFF
  NAME "EDWARDS-NorthEast"
  DATA "Aerial Photo\edwards_ne_ILS1.tif"
  PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3"
  OFFSITE 255 255 255
 END # layer ends here ---------------

  LAYER # All VECTOR Layers begins here
    NAME         Parcel
    METADATA
        #"DESCRIPTION" "parcel_polygon"
        "DESCRIPTION" "Unplatted Parcel"
        "RESULT_FIELDS" "PID ParcelName CalAcreage"
    END # end of Metadata----------------
    DATA         "Unplatted Parcel\parcel_polygon.shp"
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         POLYGON
    #MAXSCALE     10000
    LABELITEM    "PID"
    LABELMAXSCALE 16000
    TOLERANCE 3
    TRANSPARENCY 1000
    CLASS
      NAME 'Parcel'
      TEMPLATE "templates/Parcel.html"
      STYLE
         #COLOR 255 255 255
         SYMBOL 0
         COLOR  -1 -1 -1
         OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      END
      LABEL # start of label
         COLOR 0 0 0
         #SHADOWCOLOR 255 255 0
         #SHADOWSIZE 0 0
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT arial-bold
         SIZE 8
         ANTIALIAS TRUE
         ANGLE AUTO
         POSITION LC
         PARTIALS FALSE
         MINDISTANCE 300
         BUFFER 0
     END # end of label//////////////
    END
 END # layer ends here ---------------

If i uncomment the OutlinecColor and comment Color , the selected layers becomes polyine.

And when i put Both of them uncommented, the shapefiles is filled polygon.

After that in the web application, the selcted layers is highlighted with filled polygon, But the aerial Photo becomes invisible, because Layer is Polygon and Filled.

I would really appreciate, if some one could have a solution on it.

Thanks in Advance..

SHAIL

Home PG : http:/people.emich.edu/sgavathe

MAPSERVER-USERS automatic digest system <LISTSERV at LISTS.UMN.EDU> wrote:
   MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 24 Sep 2005 to 25 Sep 2005 (#2005-277)
Table of contents:
   WMS, convert GetCapabilites XML to Map Context XML
   File permissions set randomly on Apache (2)

   WMS, convert GetCapabilites XML to Map Context XML
      Re: WMS, convert GetCapabilites XML to Map Context XML (09/25)