Grids vs. Graticules

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Wed Sep 28 12:47:59 EDT 2005

 I am new to Mapserver, deep in the learning curve.  I have a question that
I hope someone can answer.  If I add a Grid layer to the map file the map
draws the grid with no problem.  However, I need the grid to be displayed as
graticules, that is, distorted as lines of latitude and longitude are
distorted depending on the projection.  Instead the grid lines are all true
vertical, horizontal.  Is this possible?

Here is the Grid Layer in my mapfile:

######################################
#  GRID
#
LAYER
  NAME "Grid"
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CLASS
    NAME "Graticule"
    COLOR 0 0 0
    LABEL
      COLOR 255 0 0
      FONT "arial"
      TYPE truetype
      SIZE 8
      POSITION auto
      PARTIALS false
      BUFFER 5
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
    END
  END

  GRID
    LABELFORMAT DDMM
    MAXARCS 10
    MINARCS 2
    MAXINTERVAL 20
    MININTERVAL 10
    MAXSUBDIVIDE 40
    MINSUBDIVIDE 2
  END
END

Chip Taylor
Prepared Response, Inc

Chip Taylor
Prepared Response, Inc.
1127 Broadway Plaza, Suite 204
Tacoma, WA  98402
O 253.272.1730
M 253.948.2525
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Prepared Response, Inc. immediately at (206)
223-5544 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.