Mapserver Extents

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Sep 29 09:39:00 EDT 2005

Olly,

The EXTENT is defined in the UNITS of the output projection, (the
projection block that you define in the MAP object of your mapfile).

It sounds like you may have data layers that are in different
projections.  MapServer can display all of them together if you define
the projections properly in your map file.  To do this, define a
projection in your MAP object, this is the projection that you want our
output map to be in.

Then, place a projection block in each layer, this should contain the
definition for the projection that the data layer is currently in.

I am not sure what you mean by three and six figures.  I would suggest
trying to implement projections in your mapfile and if that doesn't
work, post relevant pieces of your mapfile to the list so we can look at
the specifics of your problem.

David.