Coordinate Systems used in the Netherlands?

Jelmer Baas baas at SPEERIT.NL
Wed Feb 8 05:45:27 EST 2006

Hello again,

I have a few questions concerning the projection of my layers in MapServer.

I'm using the StreetPro layers for the Netherlands, and from that
documentation I found that I should use the follows as main projection
in my Map File:

	PROJECTION
		"proj=stere"
		"lat_0=52.15616055555555"
		"lon_0=5.38763888888889"
		"k=0.999908"
		"x_0=155000"
		"y_0=463000"
		"ellps=bessel"
		"units=m"
	END

But now I also need to project some seperate TAB files (from MapInfo),
and they are shifted to the North-East. Anyone have any ideas how to fix
this problem? If requested I can post a screenshot.

I tried setting this layer projection to a Dutch system, but I cannot
find which one to use (neither can I find which of them are supported by
MapServer ;().

I tested:
+proj=Netherlands Coordinate Systems -- Unknown Projection ID
+proj=NCS -- Same

+proj=latlong +datum=Rijksdriehoekstelsel -- unknown elliptical
parameter name
+proj=latlong +datum=Netherlands National System -- Same as above.

Can anyone provide me some pointers? I have a beautiful working map, but
with my last layer being off by 50 meters, it's kinda useless.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jelmer Baas