Polar reprojection (again)

Christopher Condit condit at SDSC.EDU
Thu Feb 16 15:06:41 EST 2006

I asked about this a while ago - but got nothing.  I'm trying again...
Anyone know about this??

I've got a mapfile that draws perfectly in epsg:4326 - with both raster
and vector data (also in epsg:4326).

Under certain application conditions, I need to re-project the map into
a polar view.  To do this I change projection string to

PROJECTION

"proj=laea"

"lat_0=-90"

END

This works very well for all of my vector data, but none of my raster
data appears.  The raster data is in AAI/Grid format.  Will this raster
format not re-project?  Should I use a different projection string?

Thanks!

Chris