Specifying MINDISTANCE for point features of a shapefile???

Hudson, Mark (xwave) Mark.Hudson at XWAVE.COM
Mon Feb 20 15:22:51 EST 2006

Hello:

 I have a shapefile of cities (represented by points obviously), and I
want to tell Mapserver to draw features a minimum distance apart - just
like the MINDISTANCE parameter of the LABEL object.  The cities
shapefile covers a large area, so I want to display the layer at small
scales.  However, at this scale some cities appear very close to one
another  - and actually overlap.  Can I tell Mapserver to not do this
and only draw them when there is a specified distance between features?

Thanks, Mark Hudson.