ECW Support

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Jan 4 13:25:23 EST 2006

I have used ECW files on Windows with MS4W in the past. Which version of
MS4W are you using?

Are you able to read the ECW file with gdalinfo (install fwtools from
www.maptools.org/fwtools)? If so, can you post the output of gdalinfo as
well as your LAYER definition in the MAP file?

Are you using Mapserver CGI or PHP/Mapscript to render the ECW?

How large is the ECW file?

Also, try to put debugging on in Mapserver
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebuggingMapserver) and
optionally use CONFIG CPL_DEBUG "ON" at the MAP level in your map file
to get GDAL to output debug info.

Best regards,
Bart

--