FW: Mapserver for Oracle spatial 10G

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Tue Jan 10 07:01:37 EST 2006

Hi folks,
    Sorry for the delay to reply your message, about the Oracle
Spatial support in Mapserver you can use since 8i, 9i and 10G
versions without problems.
    About the debug, you need to add "DEBUG ON" in your layer and in
your Map. The Mapserver how to for Oracle Spatial connection you can
see in this link:
"http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto".
    About your problem, what's happen, any error message or just a
blank image? How you imported your data in the database? Using
shp2sdo? Are already tried to draw without projection definitions?
    Last year I did a page that contains some examples of Oracle
Spatial connection using Mapserver in CGI mode. This page contains
the MAP and QUERY modes. Link:
"http://siaiacad09.univali.br/removidos/G10NOVO/htdocs/maporaclespatial/".
    Best regards.

Fernando Simon