Data Discovery . . .

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Jan 20 18:09:15 EST 2006

All,

Is there any way to query MapServer CGI about what scale a layer turns
on/off for display?

Othere than a blank image, is there a method to ask mapServer when a
layer is visible (based on scale).

we haven't done any of the WMS stuff yet (It's coming, but we're not
there yet), I was just wondering about a short term solution to this
with just MapServer.  Could I use some sort of User variable in the CGI
call, or possibly fake something together easily in the Mapfile to clue
the client in on whether a Layer should be visible or not at a
particular scale.

Thanks

bobb