mapserver installation

Ben Crane crane_ba at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 26 09:19:49 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a few problems with mapserver installation
and was hoping someone could clarify exactly what I
need to do since I keep getting different bits and
pieces.

I have installed Mapserver 4.6 onto my machine
(running win XP with apache/php/perl). Of course it
doesn't work because I don't have the GD library or
the regex lib. Problem is, there is no win
installation file for GD lib and the only link to
regex lib (ftp) doesn't work.

Can someone please tell me how a completely non-nix
user can install and get mapserver to function on
their pc? I will be running shp files and then SVG
(not images) through to the browser in all fairness
and one I have postgis installed, that will hold all
my spatial data.

Thanx for your help.

Ben