mapserver installation

krishna S kris_rock82 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 26 11:08:00 EST 2006

Hi ben,
     Yeah compiling mapserver is difficult, i had a really hardtime
compiling it, the regex from the ftp site cannot giveout an regex.obj file
which is what we need to make mapserver compile and regarding the GD
library i guess it has a set of instructions to get it installed.

I made a mapserver installation doc for my self which i will attach to you
in a personal mail, also i am sending a zip file of regex 0.12 where there
is an object file already created. Dont remove the regex.obj file at any
cost, to do so go to the makefile.vc of mapserver and remove the line

del regex.obj and u can install the mapserver succesully ...

regards,
--kris