problem in compiling 4.8-rc3

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Sun Jan 29 08:25:39 EST 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 12:23 AM, John Cartwright wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm having a problem compiling 4.8 that seems to be related to the
> gdFontCacheSetup check:

> configure: checking where libiconv is installed...
> checking for iconv_open in -lc... no
> checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
> checking for iconv_open in -lc... no
> checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... yes
>         using libiconv from system libs.
>         libiconv found. Enabling internationalization (-DUSE_ICONV)
> configure: checking for GD 2.0.16 or higher...
> checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd... no
> configure: checking whether GD needs libiconv...
> checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd... no
> configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.la/libgd.so in
> /usr/local/graphicslibs/lib.  Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is
> compiled
> before calling configure. You may also get this error if you didn't
> specify the appropriate location for one of GD's dependencies
> (freetype,
> libpng, libjpeg or libiconv).

> ====
> I'm using the same gd-2.0.33 and configuration line that compiled
> successfully for 4.6.0.
>
> I've been able to replicate the problem on both a RedHat ES3 amd
> Mac OS
> 10.4 system.
>

> Thanks for any help!
>
> -- john

Hi John,

Thanks for trying out the release candidate! It configures and builds
for me with no problems. My Fedora system has GD 1.8.4 in /usr/lib,
and I have GD 2.0.33 installed at /usr/local/lib. To keep the
configuration straight I make sure to specify --with-gd=/usr/local.

cheers,
Sean

---
Sean Gillies