problem in compiling 4.8-rc3

John Cartwright John.C.Cartwright at NOAA.GOV
Sun Jan 29 12:14:55 EST 2006

Thanks for your prompt reply, Sean!

Strangely, the problem seems to be explicitly giving the location of
some of the graphic libs (e.g. zlib, png, etc.) rather than letting them
be found on their own). Fomerly the configuration looked like:

./configure --prefix=/extra/contrib/mapserver-4.8 \
  --with-freetype=/usr/bin/freetype-config    \
  --with-zlib=/usr/lib                        \
  --with-png=/usr/lib                         \
  --with-jpeg=/usr/lib                        \
  --with-xpm=/usr/X11R6/lib                   \
  --with-gd=/extra/contrib/gd-2.0.33          \
  --with-proj=/extra/contrib/proj-4.4.9       \
  --with-geos=/extra/contrib/geos-2.1.1/bin/geos-config \
  --with-ogr=/extra/data/gdal-1.3.1/apps/gdal-config \
  --with-gdal=/extra/data/gdal-1.3.1/apps/gdal-config \
  --with-tiff=/usr/lib                        \
  --with-wfs                                  \
  --with-wcs                                  \
  --with-wmsclient                            \
  --with-wfsclient                            \
  --with-curl-config=/usr/bin

If I pull the configure lines for tiff, png, jpeg, zlib; configure finds
them in the system libs and seems to be OK.  Does this make sense to you?

Thanks again!

-- john