How to make a layer without extra file or table column

Myunghwa Hwang mhwang4 at UIUC.EDU
Mon Jul 3 09:28:57 EDT 2006

Hello, lists!

I'm trying to do some analysis and then show its results as a new layer.
Source data for analysis is in a shp file or a postgis data table.
In my case, I don't need to make new feature and I want to use
analysis results as a new column. Till now, for this, I made a new dbf
file or inserted the results to a new data table. But it's kind of slow.
So what I want to know is if there is a way that directly use data in
memory for data source for a new layer, and if so, how to do.
If there is anyone who already experienced this problem,
please help me. Thank you in advance.