nothing shows up! no image or error?

Albert Anderson bart_doggers at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 5 14:17:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

 This is what my map code look like
#This is Richland County Map Server
NAME "Richland"
SIZE 800 600
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
IMAGETYPE JPEG
SHAPEPATH "/home/mapdata/"
EXTENT -97.502192 45.947754 -96.330315 46.826661
WEB
  TEMPLATE '/var/www/htdocs/richland.html'
  IMAGEPATH '/var/www/htdocs/tmp'
  IMAGEURL '/tmp/'
END
LAYER
    NAME "Richland"
    STATUS default
    TYPE polygon
    DATA "RICH_bndy"
    PROJECTION "init=epsq:26914"
    END
END
END

I get this error now  msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2  ?  What does that mean?  How can I fix it?

Albert

Brock Anderson <banders at refractions.net> wrote: Albert,

For each layer it's important to tell mapserver which projection your
data is stored in. In your case:

LAYER
PROJECTION
"init=epsg:26914"
END #PROJECTION
END #LAYER

The epsg code 26914 represents "NAD83 / UTM zone 14N". I think that's
what you're looking for.

Brock

Albert Anderson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was using a projection file UTM Zone 14n Nad_83. Then I switch to an
> unprojective file and I saw my data show up. What would be the first
> best step for setting a projection file?
>
> Thanks
> Albert
>
> */"Fawcett, David" /* wrote:
>
>     You may want to take a look at your extent.
>     Do you really intend to show a primarily empty stretch of the
>     northern Atlantic Ocean (apologies to Canary Islanders...)?
>     You are telling MapServer that your map area is contained within a
>     box from 50 deg. west longitude to 10 deg. west longitude and 20
>     to 90 degrees north latitude. If the name of your mapfile relates
>     to the data, I am guessing that Richland County isn't in this box.
>     Use ogrinfo or a desktop GIS app to look at the extent of your
>     data. Also, the extent needs to be in the units of the spatial
>     reference system that your data is in.
>     David.

Richland County MapServer>