queryByAttributes and Oracle

Antonio Iandolo aiandolo at GRUPPOAS.IT
Thu Jul 6 06:28:48 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'd like to have a confirmation on the following "doubt":

I had a problem querying a layer (Oracle10g based) with
queryByAttributes in php_mapscript: the query resulted 1 row but the
function getResult returned me a negative shapeindex, so I couldn't get
any shape with the getShape function.

Now, I suppose that the problem is due to the "large" number I use for
the column_id on wich I call queryByAttributes: it's a NUMBER(16)

It seems it has to be an integer, so I suppose that values like, for
example, 138700001563 can't be handled.

Do you think this could be the problem? Is there another way to
"overcome" it? (Actually I've solved querying Oracle and reading the
point's coordinates by myself, so that I can center and zoom in the map)

Thanks in advance,
Antonio