CGI / FAST CGI error (with ms4w)

Hedwig Matl matl.hedwig at UZR.AT
Thu Jul 6 05:35:12 EDT 2006

Hi List!

I have built a small mapserver application, where the user can zoom, pan
and query a layer (using querypoint of mapscript).
Sometimes (but not always!) I get a CGI / FastCGI error, when i perform
a query , which leads to an
"Internal Server Error -
unable to complete your request."
The error doesn't depend on whether there is a queryresult found or not.

I use ms4w 2.0 (I also tried version 1.5.3) and php-mapscript to perform
my queries. I tried using several browsers (firefox, opera, netscape,
ie; all latest versions), same effect. My OS is Windows XP pro, SP2.

I have attached screenshots of the error and the two report-files. (I
don't know what to do with them, but maybe someone else does ;-) )

I've absolutly no idea what I shall do about this.

Hopepfully someone can help me,
with best regards,

Hedwig