Disappearing points when BBOX minx is >= 0

Andrew Larcombe andrew at ANDREWLARCOMBE.CO.UK
Fri Jul 7 06:12:52 EDT 2006

Hi Mapserver-users:

A bit of an odd one for you. Mapserver handling WMS requests with two
vector layers, one line, one point. Setting the minimum easting on the
bounding box to less than zero and both layers display. Setting it to
greater than zero and the points disappear!

This url displays both layers just fine:
http://andrewlarcombe.co.uk/cgi-bin/wms?LAYERS=vmap0&FORMAT=image/png&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-1,-90,179,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

Shift the request east 1 degree and the points disappear:
http://andrewlarcombe.co.uk/cgi-bin/wms?LAYERS=vmap0&FORMAT=image/png&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=0,-90,180,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

The layers are sublayers of 'vmap0', and can be accessed individually by
substituting quakes (the point layer) or coast (the line layer) for
vmap0. Both layers are shapefiles.

ogrinfo seems to report fine:
ogrinfo -al -spat 0 -90 180 90 latestearthquakes.shp | more
INFO: Open of `latestearthquakes.shp'
using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.

Layer name: latestearthquakes
Geometry: 3D Point
Feature Count: 35
...etc

I'm really not sure what's going on here. Has anyone seen anything
similar? If not I'll have a dig around in the source.

Thanks,

Andrew

System info:
MapServer version 4.8.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

gdal-1.3.1 with ogr