WMS 1.3.0 in MapServer?

Andrew Larcombe andrew at ANDREWLARCOMBE.CO.UK
Fri Jul 7 10:22:51 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> if someone wants to pay for it, but I'm personally so pissed off at the WMS
> RWG for this pointless churn that am unlikely to work on it for the joy
> of supporting standards.

I'm with you there.

> I don't know the other subtle issues.
>
> If there is a demand for WMS 1.3.0 support (not much outcry so far) then
> it would be helpful to collect funding to get DM Solutions or MapGears to
> implement it.  Or someone else keen and trusted could do so.

I recently had a client who 'needed' a 1.3.0 WMS server solution. Turns
out they didn't actually 'need' any of the new facilities and could
settle for 1.1.1. At the time (~2 months ago?), I couldn't actually find
*any* servers that were supporting it. My guess is the client just found
out what the latest version # was and said "that's what we need to go
with". :(

Andrew