New to mapserver, need some help

rama swamy rama_swamy80 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 7 17:27:59 EDT 2006

Thanks for your reply aaron, but in future i might use some database support or some gep spatial formats support which needs manual configuration right, and i think ms4w doesnt allow us to configure mapserver with other libraries. So i would want to configure mapserver first and then the required libraries.

  Regards,
  swamy

Aaron Koning <aaronkoning at gmail.com> wrote:
  If you don't feel like making things complicated and you just want to start working with MapServer ASAP, then try out:
     Free Open Source Software (FOSS) GIS Suite (FGS)
          http://www.maptools.org/fgs/
                            OR
     MapServer for Windows (MS4W)
          http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/

They are both very straight forward to install and installation only takes a few minutes.

Aaron

  On 7/7/06, rama swamy <rama_swamy80 at yahoo.com> wrote:      Hi all, i am new to mapserver and i need some help in the documentation. I browsed the UMN website and found that mapserver-4.8.3 is the lastest version, can anyone tell me the installation steps for this verison of mapserver.

  regards,

    Swamy