New to mapserver, need some help

P Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Fri Jul 7 17:46:18 EDT 2006

Unless I am mistaken, in both your emails you haven't specified where
you want to install MapServer... Unix, Linux, Mac, Windows,
handheld...

There is detailed documentation for installation on different
platforms. For example, if you want to install on FreeBSD, look at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/FreeBSD-install and so on.

Why don't you read some of the documentation, and then come back with
specific questions. You might get more meaningful help.

On 7/7/06, rama swamy <rama_swamy80 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply aaron, but in future i might use some database support
> or some gep spatial formats support which needs manual configuration right,
> and i think ms4w doesnt allow us to configure mapserver with other
> libraries. So i would want to configure mapserver first and then the
> required libraries.

..

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.ies.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/