tile index for large amount of shp

Giuseppe De Rossi giuseppe.derossi at EMAIL.IT
Sun Jul 9 07:02:21 EDT 2006

Hi,
I need some kind explanations about  tile index technique. At the moment I
have about 750 layers as shp file. they are organized as:

map1-streets.shp
map1-rivers.shp
map1-particels.shp
map1-referencedPointsN.shp
mapN-streets.shp
mapN-rivers.shp
mapN-referencedPointsN.shp

Some are polygons type, some are lines and some are text and points.
The user can visualize one layer and turn it on or off  by using both the
location : map1-particels and the theme: particel-map1. The real number of
differen theme-layer is

I've two oreder of problems , the maximum number of layers and the
performance.
could be  the first problem resolved by tile index tecnique ? can I improve
the perfomance too without recompiling mapserve ?
can I apply this tech into my problem ? what are the single steps of
procedure ?

I appraciete any info and suggestion.

thanks in advance and best regards

Giu.

 Sponsor:
 Ti piace la chitarra? Impara a suonarla senza fatica ed evitando tutti gli
errori, con l'aiuto di un maestro professionista
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5144&d=20060709