WMS map download

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Sun Jul 9 18:38:27 EDT 2006

Quoting Ryan Ollerenshaw <ollerery at engr.orst.edu>:

> I would like to make it possible for a user to download a full resolution map
> from my Linux based WMS.  Does anyone know where I can look to get started
> implementing such a feature?

It seems that i can use MapServers Web Coverage Services (WCS) to generate an
image using the following in my mapfile:

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME GTiff
    DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
    MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
    IMAGEMODE "RGB"
    #IMAGEMODE "PC256"
    EXTENSION "tif"
END

But i am still not getting the full resolution of the images that i am
requesting.  Also i am still unsure how to download this image from the command
line, cant i use something like curl or sftp?  When i try to use curl i get the
following:

-- start output --

[root at neuron ~]# curl -O
http://neuron/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../html/mapserver/htdocs/display.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=themis
[1] 32392
[2] 32393
[3] 32394
[4] 32395
[2]-  Done                    SERVICE=WMS
[3]   Done                    VERSION=1.1.1
[root at neuron ~]#   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
  Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   544    0   544    0     0   7019      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  298k

-- end output --

Then nothing seems to happen. Any help with this would be great, thanks?