WMS map download

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Sun Jul 9 19:38:41 EDT 2006

Quoting "Curtis W. Ruck" <ruckc at yahoo.com>:

> Try using curl with quotes around the url, by having & signs in the command
> you are actually executing multiple commands or trying to.

Thank you for you help Curtis.  When i try the command:

curl -O "http://neuron/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../html/mapserver/htdocs/display.map"

a file is infact downloaded but it is not the image that i am looking for,
infact it is not an image at all, i would assume this is the case becuase i am
no longer specifying a layer name in the URL.  Is there anyway i can download a
specific layer from MapServer?

http://neuron/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../html/mapserver/htdocs/display.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=themis