ka-map: pgsql layers not rendering tiles

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 11 15:45:22 EDT 2006

Greetings,

Having a blast using ka-map and mapserver, but ran into a bit of trouble when
including a layer from a postgis source.

here is the layer defs from my map file, which work fine in a dbox-style
mapserver application:

-----------------
LAYER
		NAME "county-boundaries"
		TYPE POLYGON
 		PROJECTION
 			"+proj=aea +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0 +lon_0=-96 +lat_0=40.0 +lat_1=20 +lat_2=60.0
+datum=NAD83"
 		END
		DATA "gen_2 from poly_county using unique county_id"

      	CONNECTION "user=xxx password=xxx dbname=tiger2005se host=localhost
port=5432"
      	CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
		STATUS DEFAULT
		TRANSPARENCY ALPHA
		STATUS DEFAULT
		MINSCALE 24000
		LABELMAXSCALE 2037392
		LABELITEM "county_name"
		CLASS
			NAME "County Boundaries"
			STYLE
				ANTIALIAS TRUE
				WIDTH 2
				OUTLINECOLOR 1 1 1
			END
			LABEL
				TYPE TRUETYPE
				FONT sans
				SIZE 13
				ANTIALIAS TRUE
				COLOR 20 20 220
				OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
				POSITION CC
				PARTIALS FALSE
				BUFFER 2
			END

    	END

 END

----------------

I read here
(http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ka-map-users/2005-December/000721.html)
that ka-map will only work with postgis data if the projection string in the
layer defs matched the SRID of the geometry itself.

noticing that my geometry columns had an incorrect SRID, i changed this with
the postgis function setsrid() ... however when this layer is enabled, ka-map
will not generate tiles. also, tile.php returns the following error:

Call to a member function on a non-object in /data1/website/kamap/tile.php on
line 225

this appears to be where ka-map is either creating or saving the image:

        $szMetaImg = $szMetaDir."/t".$metaTop."l".$metaLeft.$szImageExtension;
        $oImg = $oMap->draw();
        $oImg->saveImage($szMetaImg);
        $oImg->free();

.... i have a fully functional ka-map application using this same set of temp
directories, and config files.

does anyone have any ideas on this?

thanks in advance!

--