SHAPEPATH problems

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Wed Jul 12 13:13:18 EDT 2006

I am having some problems accessing my shapefiles the below works:

SHAPEPATH "../data/themis"
LAYER
 TILEINDEX "thm_dir.shp"
END
END

but when i change it to:

SHAPEPATH "../data"
LAYER
 TILEINDEX "themis/thm_dir.shp"
END
END

all i get is a blank page.  I know it is finding the shapefile in the second
case because if i change the name to something that does not exits i get an
error.  I also know that the server and the permissions are set up correctly
becuase the first case works.  But why can i only i specify a file for the
TILEINDEX and not a file and location.  Is there another perameter that i can
use to specify the location of the shapefile within the layer?