Does Mapserver 4.8.3 work with windows 2000 and IIS 5

rock well rockwell_001 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 12 13:17:40 EDT 2006

Hey andrew thanks, for the reply, i guess its the IIS 5 issue. When i copied the mapserv and the required dlls to 2003 with IIS 6 i was able to generate the map with no issues.

  Thanks for your time
  kris

Andrew Krakowski <andrew at REFRACTIONS.NET> wrote:
  Hi Kris,

Have you been able to generate the "No query information to decode.
QUERY_STRING is set, but empty." message?

Have you read the online IIS MapServer instructions? There are a couple
you can find.

I'm not sure the difference between IIS 5 and 6 but I've succeeded with
MapServer 4.8.3 working on IIS 6.0 on XP.

Create a cgi-bin directory in your Inetpub directory and copy the
contents of the ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin directory into it.

In IIS add this directory as a virtual directory to your web-site.
Right-click Properties under the cgi-bin Virtual Directory and select
Scripts and Executables for Executables permission in the Virtual
Directory Tab.

When you right click the mapserv.exe file in IIS and select Browse in
IIS you should get the above message.

Hope that helps; if not let me know.
Andrew

--