Raster Layer Questions?????

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Jul 19 16:30:43 EDT 2006

I recommend taking a look at this:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Albert Anderson
	Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 2:24 PM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Raster Layer Questions?????

	Hi everyone,

	 I would like to know how to load my areial photo when I zoom in a city.  Then when I zoom out I dont see the areial photo.  I know it can be done. Do I need to step some sort of extent layer to come on and off? Can anyone help me?  I am providing my some of my code of the map file. What more do I need to at to the code?

	#####################################
	LAYER
	    NAME "richmap"
	    TYPE RASTER
	    STATUS default
	    DATA "richland.tif"
	    METADATA
	     "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
	     "wms_name"            "richmap"
	     "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
	     "wms_format"          "image/tif"
	    END

	END

	Thanks,
	Albert

	Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>