MapServer Java?

Bryan Scott bryan.scott at FFA.INT
Wed Jul 19 20:16:45 EDT 2006

Ryan

Depends on what your actual requirements are, but some options are
1) JLabel and ImageIcon.  You can get Mapserver to just display an image
and use imageicon to load the image from a url.  A bit of coding is
required to achieve a workable solution, ie supporting interaction if
you need to etc.
2) ****javax.swing.JEditorPane****.
3) https://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net/

The basic premise was that an option is have a mapserver/apache web site
and simply display that website in a JComponent that renders html.

Bryan

Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> Quoting Bryan Scott <bryan.scott at FFA.INT>:
>

>> Ryan
>>
>> For your clients have you thought about running standard mapserver cgi
>> and in your java clients putting in a web render?
>>
>> Bryan
>>

> Thank you for the reply but i dont quite follow what it is you are saying.  I
> know that mapserver cgi is what allows you to display the .map files, but what
> is a web render for a java client?
>

>> Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
>>
>>> I was able to create a java program which uses java mapscript, but now how
>>>
>> do i
>>
>>> get that program to run on my server so clients can access it.  It seems
>>>
>> like a
>>
>>> java Servlet is the way to go but i cant find any good tutorials on how to
>>>
>> get
>>
>>> started.  I know what the code looks like for a servelt (example below) but
>>> once i have that written where do i put it? do i need to install anything
>>>
>> else
>>
>>> to get it to run?  I am running Apache on fedora core 5.
>>>
>>> Servelt code:
>>>
>>> import java.io.*;
>>> import javax.servlet.http.*;