FW: MapServer SOS problem

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jul 25 15:51:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

We're trying to get our SOS going by testing as WMS/WFS first.

Request:

http://map2.ns.ec.gc.ca/envirodatows/ows.asp?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&R
EQUEST=GetFeature&typename=AL05AK0001

Error:

msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. SetAttributeFilter() not supported on
ExecuteSQL() results.

- Testing the .ovf file via ogrinfo works fine (can see all features,
etc.).

 OVF file:

 <OGRVRTDataSource>
 <OGRVRTLayer name="AL05AK0001">
 <SrcDataSource>ODBC:scott/tiger at envirodat</SrcDataSource>
 <SrcSQL>SELECT t_ResEau_Station_Data.Site_Number AS Number,
t_ResEau_Station_Data.Latitude AS Y, t_ResEau_Station_Data.Longitude AS
X, t_ResEau_Sample_Data.* FROM t_ResEau_Station_Data INNER JOIN
t_ResEau_Sample_Data ON t_ResEau_Station_Data.Site_Number =
t_ResEau_Sample_Data.Site_Number WHERE t_ResEau_Station_Data.Site_Number
= 'AL05AK0001'</SrcSQL>
 <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
 <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
 <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="X" y="Y"/>
 </OGRVRTLayer> </OGRVRTDataSource>

 Mapfile LAYER block:

  LAYER
   NAME AL05AK0001
   TYPE POINT
   STATUS ON
   DUMP TRUE
   CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
   CONNECTION ./envirodat.ovf
   DATA "AL05AK0001"
   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:4326"
   END
   METADATA
     "ows_title" "Envirodat"
     "sos_offering_id" "Water"
     "sos_observedproperty_id" "WaterQuality"
     "ows_timeitem" "TIME"
     "sos_procedure" "AL05AK0001"
     "sos_describesensor_url"
"http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/envirodat_sensor/ca.gc.ec.envirodat-AL05AK0001.x
ml"
     "gml_include_items" "all"
   END
   CLASS
     NAME "AL05AK0001"
     COLOR 180 136 148
     SYMBOL 'circle'
     SIZE 10
   END
 END

We are on Windows using a MapServer CVS build for Win32 (from Assefa)
from earlier this month, with map.h MS_MAXLAYERS set to 500 for our
requirements (side note: this would be a neat mapfile configurable).
The GDAL DLL is at 1.3.2.0.

Any advice?