FW: MapServer SOS problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jul 25 16:43:55 EDT 2006

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're trying to get our SOS going by testing as WMS/WFS first.
>
> Request:
>
> http://map2.ns.ec.gc.ca/envirodatows/ows.asp?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&R
> EQUEST=GetFeature&typename=AL05AK0001
>
> Error:
>
> msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. SetAttributeFilter() not supported on
> ExecuteSQL() results.
> We are on Windows using a MapServer CVS build for Win32 (from Assefa)
> from earlier this month, with map.h MS_MAXLAYERS set to 500 for our
> requirements (side note: this would be a neat mapfile configurable).
> The GDAL DLL is at 1.3.2.0.

Tom,

This was a "sort of" bug in GDAL 1.3.2.0.  You should either upgrade
to GDAL CVS (ie. a nightly snapshot) or fallback to GDAL 1.3.1 though
that might cause other problems.

The MS_MAXLAYERS configurability was addressed in RFC 17, but I have some
outstanding work to do before calling for a vote on that.  I still vaguely
hope to accomplish that this summer though it seems a bit unrealistic at
this point.

Best regards,