WFS Feature Info

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Tue Jul 25 16:45:57 EDT 2006

I'm not sure what "selectable" means but to expose features you need to
add:
gml_include_items all

to the metadata of your layer to server up your attributes. I also think
the STATUS needs to be ON rather than DEFAULT

Have you read the wfs howto?

http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wfs_server

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Ryan Ollerenshaw
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:56 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WFS Feature Info

Sorry for such a simple question but i was having trouble finding any
documentation stating what i need to add to my WFS map file inorder to
get the
identify button to work in ArcMap.  Currently when i open my WFS in
ArcMap or
uDIG none of the layers are selectable.

Here is one of my layers

LAYER
  NAME "hrsc_other"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POLYGON
   PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END
  DUMP TRUE
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=mars_db user=postgres"
  DATA "the_geom FROM hrsc0001_footprints_sep05_other"
  METADATA
    wfs_title "hrsc_other"
    wfs_extent "-180 -90 180 90"
    wfs_srs "EPSG:4326"