Moving Points

Jay Varner jay at SASSATLANTA.NET
Wed Jul 26 09:54:14 EDT 2006

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to MapServer. I've been working with it
for a little over a month now. I've read the books and worked through
the tutorials. I'm now working on a demo project and I just can't get
it all planned out in my head. I'm hopping ya'll can kick me in a good
direction.

So, the basic function of the map will be to track gps (or something
similar) data on a map. The data will of course be updated regularly
by various devices sending some sort of x,y,z location data. That data
will be plotted on the map, and the zone (city, county, zip or
something) the device is in will be recorded.

I've searched around for the past few days and have not been able to
find an example in MapServer. Any help and advice is most welcomed.

Thanks,
Jay

P.S.
I don't really know what sort of device will be used to send the data,
so I just need to fake it.