how do you make this symbols

Todd Fagin tfagin at COORDINATESOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Jul 26 10:25:21 EDT 2006

In your symbol file:

SYMBOL

  NAME "punkt"

  TYPE ELLIPSE

  POINTS

    1 1

  END

  FILLED TRUE

END

SYMBOL

  NAME "linie-gepunkt2_C"

  TYPE cartoline

  LINECAP butt

  LINEJOIN miter

  LINEJOINMAXSIZE 3

  STYLE

    1 20 1 20

  END

END

In your map file under the appropriate layer:

                        CLASS

                                    STYLE

                                                SYMBOL "punkt"

                                                SIZE 0.5

                                                COLOR 0 0 0

                                                ANTIALIAS TRUE

                                    END

                                    STYLE

                                                SYMBOL "linie-gepunkt2_C"

                                                SIZE 4

                                                COLOR 0 0 0

                                                ANTIALIAS TRUE

                                    END

                        END

For more information on the construction of cartographic symbols, see:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/cartosymbols/#multiple-rendering-and
-overlay.  To download the examples used there:
http://www.mapmedia.de/dokumente/umn_signaturen_howto/vortrag_demo.zip

Todd Fagin

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.

501 N.E. 15th St.