Moving Points

David William Bitner bitner at GYTTJA.ORG
Wed Jul 26 11:31:03 EDT 2006

This sounds like more of a database problem than a MapServer problem.  If
you created a utility to update a PostgreSQL/PostGIS table with your
datapoints, you could easily record the zone information with spatial
operations in the database and then display the data with MapServer by just
having a refresh of the map every so often of the whole map (or if you were
using something like ka-map, you could use ajax techniques and you could
move the points around without even refreshing the whole map).  Once the
data is in a database, you've got a lot of options.