how do you make this symbols

Albert Anderson bart_doggers at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 26 12:29:15 EDT 2006

Thanks a lot Todd Fagin. That worked sweet!

Todd Fagin <tfagin at COORDINATESOLUTIONS.COM> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}          st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           In your symbol file:

  SYMBOL
    NAME "punkt"
    TYPE ELLIPSE
    POINTS
      1 1
    END
    FILLED TRUE
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME "linie-gepunkt2_C"
    TYPE cartoline
    LINECAP butt
    LINEJOIN miter
    LINEJOINMAXSIZE 3
    STYLE
      1 20 1 20
    END
  END

  In your map file under the appropriate layer:

                          CLASS
                                      STYLE
                                                  SYMBOL "punkt"
                                                  SIZE 0.5
                                                  COLOR 0 0 0
                                                  ANTIALIAS TRUE
                                      END
                                      STYLE
                                                  SYMBOL "linie-gepunkt2_C"
                                                  SIZE 4
                                                  COLOR 0 0 0
                                                  ANTIALIAS TRUE
                                      END
                          END

  For more information on the construction of cartographic symbols, see: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/cartosymbols/#multiple-rendering-and-overlay.  To download the examples used there: http://www.mapmedia.de/dokumente/umn_signaturen_howto/vortrag_demo.zip

    Todd Fagin

  Coordinate Solutions, Inc.
  501 N.E. 15th St.
  Oklahoma City, OK 73104