WMS time question

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Jul 26 21:35:26 EDT 2006

Bart,

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> looking through the Mapserver WMS time HOWTO I wondered one thing, it is
> only possible to have 1 timeitem, a DB column which contains the
> date/time. Ofcourse this is pretty okay for satellite images (in a
> tileindex) which are taken every X days/months.
>
> But what happens to road network segments (geometries in Oracle Spatial
> for instance) which have a minimum date and a maximum date? So you need to
> specify 2 timeitems (one min and one max) for that. Was this use case just
> not implemented?

  What would the min/max date represent : the valid time extents or
simply 2 time fields on which we can do a query ?
The wms request allows to  send a time value that is then compared to
the value inside the timeitem. Would you expect to be able to compare
the time request between the 2 timeitmes defined ?

> Best regards,
> Bart

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst