WMS time question

David William Bitner bitner at GYTTJA.ORG
Thu Jul 27 08:47:27 EDT 2006

I've thought about capability like this for use with Aircraft Flight Tracks
as well.  Since all my data is in PostGIS, I was wondering how difficult it
would be to implement an analog to being able to use !BBOX! to capture the
bbox part of the query and to be able to put it where you want in the SQL
query and to have a !TIME! that could intercept the WMS time request and
pass it through to either your query (ie where !TIME! between MIN_DATE and
MAX_DATE -- wouldn't work if !TIME! was a time range) or into a custom
plpgsql function.

What I do currently is to just use %time% with mapserver cgi and variable
substitution, but there isn't quite a way to port that over to WMS-T.