CSharp Mapscript in WebForm (ASP.NET 2.0)

David Lowther dlowther at COORDINATESOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Jul 31 23:15:21 EDT 2006

Sorry to post before fully reviewing archive.

It seems there has been some discussion of this issue. Suggestions included
placing all DLLs in the bin directory of application, in windows/system32 -
I've tried all of this and still get the same error.

If I modify the reference to mapscript_csharp.dll the first time I run the
application I get an error from the MS VC++ Runtime Library that says "R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly."

Even if I do get it working it appears that I am fighting an uphill battle
against the thread safety issues. I've reviewed Sean's write up of this
(http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/thread_safety) situation and had a few
questions.

-          What exactly does unsafe, but locked mean vs. unsafe?

-          Map config file loading - is this opening a Mapfile from disk? If
so, would building the Mapfile dynamically remove the issue?

-          WMS/WFS - is it fixable? What is the level of effort (hours /
$$$)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

David Lowther

  _____