PHP/MapScript or CSharp/MapScript?

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 2 08:51:37 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

after developing a MapServer Demo application based on CGI mode, I realized
that MapServer may be the best option for open source WebGIS development.
Now I am trying to improve my demo with mapscript, since mapscript provides
more powerful things for web GIS application. I noticed that there are
different mapscript packages available for MapServer, such as PHP/MapScript
and CSharp/MapSscript. Theorically CSharp MapScript may be the best option
for me, because I am good at .NET thing, but I am not sure if the CSharp
MapScript package is stable enough. I've searched a lot in Internet, and
also in the MapServer user list achieves, it seems that most people are
using PHP MapScript package for their web mapping application, does this
mean that the PHP MapScript package is more stable than any other MapScript
packages?

I'd like your suggestions for my next step. PHP/MapScript or CSharp
MapScript?

thanks in advance.

zhonghai

02.06.2006