About the performance of MapServer and Ka-Map

buffery buffery buffery2005 at YAHOO.COM.CN
Fri Jun 9 06:39:21 EDT 2006

Hello
  Now I am working  with a project using MapServer and Ka-map .
  But the project works very slowly.
  I have found that it is made by the low speed of php .
  So I want to use the php cache product such as the zend cache(zend platform)
  to solve the performance problem.
  But when I installed the zend platform I found that the zend platform just support php which was configured  as apache module or fastcgi.
  And I have installed php configured  as apache cgi using MS4W package.
  And I also found that php can not configured as apache module because php/mapscipt is not thread-safe and does not work as an
  apache module.
  So I have only one choice.It is to use php configured as fastcgi.
  So my solution is:
  First Install MS4W package
  Install mod-fastcgi
  Install zend platform