How can I label a Point using different postgis table

Luis Treviño Huerta ltrevino at GPOBSI.COM.MX
Mon Jun 19 10:44:38 EDT 2006

Hi list:

I'm currenttly using a point layer that displays some GPS points that are
stored on a postgis table called "loca". I'd like to label this points with
data that comes from another table in the same postgis data base (this table
is named "autos"), both tables share a common column named "idunit" and I
would like to use autos.idunit as a label. How can I do this?. This is part
of my map file:

 LAYER
   NAME gis
   STATUS ON
   TYPE POINT
   UNITS METERS

   DEBUG ON
   CONNECTION "user=XXX password=XXXXX dbname=bsiubica host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XX
port=5432"
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   DATA "posicion from loca as foo using unique cmpoid using srid=4326"

   PROJECTION
      "proj=longlat"
      "ellps=WGS84"
     "datum=WGS84"